Director, Global Marketing - Off Road Vehicle (ORV Division)Plymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for leading and growing the Off-Road Utility/Recreation businesses and brands. This role will build and define brand positioning, generate demand, drive conversion, and increase consumer loyalty. Core marketing responsibilities include Global Brand Management, New Product Introductions and Retail Sales Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Brand Management:
- Formulate brand positioning and ensure positioning is applied and activated consistently across the entire business.
- Develop deep consumer empathy through insights to guide the strategic direction of the business.
- Lead all brand building activity and execution through external partnerships, media planning and creative execution.
New Product Introduction:
- Leverage market data, competitive activity, demographics, and lifestyle trends to identify new global market opportunities to drive the strategic objectives of the business.
- Lead voice of customer research to guide business strategy.
- Create and execute new product launch strategies and go-to-market plans. Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, agencies, and PG&A to execute integrated launch plan from consumers to dealer activation.
- Develop and implement paid media strategy and plan (TV and digital), website management, social media, and public relations.
- Manage competitive analysis, including new product introductions & countermeasures to gain share.
- Partner with Off-Road Sale, Product Line Sales and Channel Marketing teams to develop plans to maximize retail opportunities to grow each brand in Polaris Dealerships.
- Accountable for delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual retail sales and market share goals.
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities for the business with new and core target consumers.
- Partner cross functionally in a positive manner to support Off-Road growth. Collaborate with Integrated Marketing team to develop objective and outline business needs to support paid media plans.
- Sets annual and monthly KPI targets for function and optimizes plans regularly to achieve retail goals.
- Partner with Experiential Marketing Team, Events Team and National Demo Tour to establish annual strategy and execution of plans throughout the year.
- Leads direct reports to build out world class team focused on marketing best practices, growing skillsets within the team for current/future roles, building out leadership capabilities, setting a clear vision and building inspiration and motivation.
- Establish an operating model and environment to deliver strong team performance in a dynamic environment.
- Coach and guide team on deliverables and decisions on a daily basis.
- Create, track, and deliver marketing budgets to quarterly & annual commitments.
- Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions.
- Ensure appropriate mix of working vs. non-working spend and traditional vs. new media.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor Degree in Business; MBA preferred
- 8+ years marketing experience including 3+ years managerial experience
- Experience managing external agency resources
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions to deliver results
- Proven track record of marketing expertise and successes, with experience in strategy development, competitive analysis, advertising, digital marketing, promotion and market research
- Strong results orientation, demonstrated ability to take action and drive results
- Outstanding leadership skills and proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills, including verbal presentations or written plans, with ability to influence across and outside the organization
- Office Location – Plymouth, MN USA
- Hybrid office environment; open to remote
- Travel: up to 25%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.