Production DirectorHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Director, Production has responsibility for all production operations within a manufacturing location, including back shop and assembly production operations. The Director, Production will work to build a world class lean operation to increase site profitability, improve reaction times to customer orders, manage seasonal and indirect employees, and build a best-in-class production organization. This role will report to the Director, Plant Operations.
- Responsible for directing the production within the operation while partnering with internal & external stakeholders to ensure execution on production & delivery commitments.
- Implements plans and programs to enable best-in-class operating procedures and drive continuous rates of improvement in productivity, capacity utilization, reduced costs (labor, materials, waste, and inventory).
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment for employees.
- Ownership of site development, key metrics, and culture
- Ensures supply chain & operational readiness for new product launches and delivering on the key metrics (i.e. On Time & In Full, Service Rating, Manufacturing Cycle Time and Quality).
- Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates all of the production activities relating to product manufacturing and production control to streamline the systems and improve material flow.
- Partners with Quality organization to drive product quality and quality improvements
- Builds a production culture of continuous improvement, using Lean Standard Work at a fundamental level to create a culture that ensures all personnel are using standard work in the execution of duties.
- Develops and executes annual production budgets as well as manages inventory and production plans. Minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for the development of direct reporting managers and team members. Develops and maintains objectives, development plans, performance reviews and succession plans.
- Fosters positive employee relations and high employee engagement.
- Charters, facilitates, and leads teams to execute transformational improvement initiatives with direct and indirect labor.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- 15+ years of manufacturing engineering/leadership in heavy assembly/automotive industries, including previous leadership of large production organizations.
- 4-year degree in engineering or business-related field required, MBA preferred.
- Robust experience and education on lean or similar continuous improvement systems.
- Positive employee relations experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Strategic thinker with ability to be hands-on in the operation.
- Ability to set long-term goals and communicate them to others.
- Ability to motivate and organize multiple efforts to accomplish goals.
- Willingness and ability to develop talent.
- Ability to travel as required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.