NPI Sourcing LeadWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an NPI Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for strategy development and execution for supply chain deliverables required to launch new vehicle programs within a Global Business Unit (GBU) at Polaris. You will lead a cross-functional supply chain team to achieve results and drive value to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Manage multiple low to mid-level projects simultaneously.
- Oversee all sourcing activities for assigned projects from Gate 1 through SOP, holding internal teams and suppliers accountable for achieving key milestones, including but not limited to: design reviews, supplier selection, pilot build support, PPAP completion and SOP ramp up.
- Accountable for all sourced components within the project to ensure components are sourced within budget for BOM and tooling costs, on time per the established schedule, and meet all quality standards set forth.
- Work with Engineering Project Leader to establish BOM and tooling budgets for projects.
- Establish and own supplier tooling and development schedule for all sourced components in accordance to project milestones.
- Present supply chain strategy and status to at the senior and executive leadership level at all phase-gate reviews.
- Team with category sourcing partners to develop statement of work and performance-based contracts with suppliers for critical systems within project.
- Proactively liaison between Engineering, Suppliers, Operations, and Strategic Sourcing to coordinate the on-time delivery of components for vehicle development builds, lead mitigation plan execution where required.
- Facilitate smooth transition of responsibility of materials management from the development team to the production team upon release for production to support steady, stable production.
GBU Sourcing Strategy Development:
- Develop holistic sourcing strategy by vehicle platform to support new technology needs and category sourcing strategies.
- Identify gaps in supplier capability and technology, and proactively identify and on-board new suppliers as necessary with partnership of category sourcing teams to support Global Business Unit objectives.
- Pro-actively work with engineering and product management to develop and execute supplier facing intellectual property strategy that translates into competitive market advantage.
- Translate long range product plans into road maps to feed into and drive category sourcing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations, or Engineering.
- Project management training. CAPM or PMP preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (product development or supply chain) required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Experience leading a project team and/or holding a key role within a large-scale project.
- Understanding of phase-gate product development processes.
- Proven track record of strong, effective leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation, communication, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to resolve high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems.
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to senior and executive leadership routinely.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or other project management software.
- Solid understanding of material requirements planning (MRP).
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 20-30% travel required, including international travel.
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations, project manager, project lead, engineering
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.