Manufacturing Group Lead - Lines 1 & 2 (2nd Shift)Huntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Group Leads at Polaris report into Supervisors, and are critical to efficient operations on the assembly lines, back shops, and warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Productivity, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and remove obstacles that interfere with Operator’s standard work.
- Support daily production by quickly containing and escalating problems that disrupt the line.
- Drive continuous improvement. Escalate issues and make improvements where necessary.
- Develop and support quality initiatives within the department to achieve industry leading quality and customer service.
- Document problems for root case analysis and countermeasures.
- Use structured problem-solving to eliminate waste and drive incremental improvements.
- Audit and give feedback on Operator standard work compliance.
- Maintain the Tier-1 Continuous Improvement Board to achieve safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvement goals.
- Direct and execute daily work assignments as mandated by department needs and schedules.
- Establish visual management to improve processes using tools such as 5S.
- Willing to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Run daily team meetings, working with team to improve performance in safety, quality, service, and cost.
- Work with peer leads to manage vacations and call-ins.
- Support consistent operator training to increase process efficiency while utilizing the cross-training maxtrix to develop complete set of skills in your area.
- Provide situational leadership and supervision and support Polaris culture and values.
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees and outside business contacts.
- Participate in employee development, coaching, and mentoring. This will include new operator job instruction training and cross-training.
- Coach operators in lean and the principles & tools of the Polaris Production System.
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, confidentiality, and leadership.
- Communicate effectively through all department levels to provide a clear and consistent message in a changing environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees throughout department.
- Be flexible and open-minded to accommodate additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and reach overhead.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Stand and walk for the duration of assigned shift.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours per day.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate technical skills in business, quality, and/or manufacturing.
- Have a fundamental understanding of manufacturing / backshop environments and processes
- Need the ability to work with systems, including timekeeping systems (i.e. AS400, Kronos), RF/Bar-coding technology and Microsoft Office.
- Be a performance, results-driven individual with the ability to create/sustain strong, positive, vibrant culture.
- Able to balance many demands at once. Can solve problems, make decisions, and plan.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- VWI (Visual Work Instructions)
- Ability to effectively respond to containment & quality related / resolution events
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.