IT Software EngineerBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: IT Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: D&IT Engineering Systems Manager
Polaris Industries Inc. is a global leader with more than 30 brands and multiple services responsible for the company’s growth into a major influencer on powersports and expanding into commercial, military and electric vehicles. We are looking for an IT Software Engineer (CodeBeamer Admin) to work in an exciting and a very fast-paced environment. As a CodeBeamer admin on the Polaris team, you will have the ability to work on support related to the administration of CodeBeamer application in the PLM/Engineering group within the Digital & Information Technology function. The admin needs to understand the support framework and provide required assistance to the business end-users within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) defined. The admin also supports on the project needs for implementation of CodeBeamer in Polaris and helps ensure the general upkeep and performance of the application with high availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation and configuration of CodeBeamer software and database, testing of system functionalities and business processes, data migration and deployment
- Administration and general upkeep of the CodeBeamer system with performance tuning capability
- Handle the helpdesk and support the users for the tickets on CodeBeamer application
- Provide support during the upgrade and enhancements planned on the CodeBeamer application
- Provide guidance to users and other IT staff on CodeBeamer application and functional specifications
- Understand the project requirements and provide support for installation, configuration and release process
- Assist in project implementation and development of project plans, specification documents and test plans
- Work with Product Owners, Lead, Administrators and business to understand business and functional requirements
- Document test cases and perform systems and acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot production issues (if any) when projects are released
- Attend and participate in project and administrative meetings
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience and working knowledge of CodeBeamer systems administration including application and database installations
- Providing Codebeamer support for application runtime issues, integration troubleshooting, and other requests as needed
- Experience with other related tools such as PTC Integrity, JIRA, Azure DevOps and ALM Quality Center is preferable
- Resolving Codebeamer ALM technical issues primarily working with the project team and end users as a primary contact.
- Knowledge on Codebeamer integrations with other tools
- Understanding of business and stakeholders needs and build solutions collaboratively with the global IT support team
- Assisting in design, implementation and deployment of new projects using existing project templates
- Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent in Information Technology/Computer Science
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in CodeBeamer application technical and operational support
- Flexibility to support during weekends as required for patch updates and deployments
- Self-directed with excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to look beyond solving the business problem to see things like monitoring, logging, and performance to be standard
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Good team player with flexibility on working hours to collaborate with counterparts
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.