Dealer Support Trainer SpecialistPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
A Polaris Non-Technical Dealer Support Trainer/Content Specialist supports development and execution of new hire and existing team training while providing world class support to Polaris dealer partners. In this player-coach role, you will carry the collective network voice back to business units to reduce or eliminate dealer friction while improving operations and elevating the Non-Technical team. You will lead new hire training initiatives and ensure the broader Non-Technical team has the content and knowledge necessary to successfully support dealerships. As a trainer, you will be a direct extension of the Dealer Support management team, responsible for the team’s success and ability to meet or exceed training goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily Department Administration
- Develop and execute new hire training schedule
- Maintain existing training & process resources to ensure team has the necessary support to succeed
- Leverage internal content to supplement external dealer help center resources
- Develop new training content to pace with tactical & strategic service initiatives
- Monitor training responsibilities to ensure department/company goals are met
- Complete month end training and content audit reporting to align with records retention policies
- Coach and mentor staff in multiple locations, including remote agents
- Provide direct support to Polaris dealership staff for a variety of products, systems and programs
- Act as a subject matter expert for a designated product line or business unit within Polaris. Support other representatives within the Dealer Support team with associated questions or issues
- Act as the voice of the dealer for your area of expertise and provide council to appropriate business units within Polaris
- Facilitate problem solving, research, and dispute resolution between Polaris dealers, the Dealer Services team and internal Polaris departments
- Participate in the resolution of escalations initiated within Polaris that involve dealers our industry partners.
- Execute strategic initiatives
- Lead special projects as assigned
Develop/Coach Team Members
- Lead the training of team members and support coaching initiatives
- Challenge and develop team members knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Meet or exceed Polaris Core Values while providing a positive example for team members
- Develop and present system or process training content to help meet team or department goals
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years B2B or B2C experience
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Powersports, or automotive dealership experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with a commitment to meet or exceed service level promise
- High level of curiosity and ability to grasp a wide variety of topics encompassing all aspects of the Polaris business
- Proven track record of delivering results on projects or special assignments.
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading support and build strong relationships with Polaris internal and dealership staff at all levels
- Critical thinking skills to work in a grey-area role
- Strong prioritization skills and consistent follow-through
- Effectively communicate across all levels including senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to understand audience and articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Team player – act as a liaison between internal departments and bridge communication gaps
- Current knowledge of software and applications – Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and SharePoint
- Microsoft CRM, Showcase, AS400, Alteryx, Power BI, and Alation experience a plus
- Preferred French or Spanish language fluency for both written and verbal communication to support multilingual dealerships
Fast paced office environment. Adhering to Polaris corporate standard for hybrid work location. Must be able to support regular in-person and virtual training out of our Plymouth, MN location. Limited travel to dealerships and sales meetings.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.