Process TechnicianBattle Ground, WA
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Job Description Summary:
Spearhead process improvement through process definition and documentation, line balancing, material flow delivery, part presentation, workstation layout, 5S, elimination of errors, problem solving, andon response, and illustrations. Significant collaboration with cross functional teams including manufacturing engineering, materials, quality, production, and training to resolve productivity, quality and flow issues.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities:
- Creation and updating of VWI and standard work for new or undocumented processes, process changes and line balancing.
- Perform time and video studies with elemental breakdowns of all manufacturing processes to analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to resolve bottlenecks and improve efficiency through application of lean principles including cycle time takt time charts, best sequence, and precedence.
- Work with other departments to establish and document processes in alignment with Polaris guidelines.
- Manage creation and changes to Bill of Materials and Routings.
- Evaluate workstation layouts with an emphasis on material flow and part presentation through collaboration with Production, Materials, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality to improve efficiency, ergonomics, and overall flow through use of lean principles including 5S, 8 Wastes and Spaghetti Diagrams.
- Collaborate with Quality Team by applying problem solving tools on resolution of issues related to sequence of assembly or improperly defined process to help improve overall First Time Quality. Demonstrate problem solving ability to identify root cause and countermeasures.
- Partner with Materials Team to evaluate and implement improvements to overall material replenishment including racking, kitting, repack, and sequencing.
- Participate and lead kaizen events including material flow, line balance, 5S, and workstation evaluation.
- Provide situational leadership and support Polaris culture and values.
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees and visitors.
- Coach operators in lean and the principles & tools of the Polaris Production System.
- Communicate effectively through all department levels to provide a clear and consistent message in a changing environment.
- Support Tier Continuous Improvement Boards to help facility achieve safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvement goals.
- Miscellaneous duties and assignments as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-year technical degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years manufacturing experience required
- Participation in continuous improvement activity and kaizen events
- Very good verbal and written communication and organizational skills for time management
- Position requires a self-motivated individual who can perform multiple tasks and able to balance many demands at once. Individual can independently solve problems, make decisions, and plan.
- Be a performance, results-driven individual focused on teamwork with the ability to create/sustain a strong, positive, vibrant culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Good clerical, technical, and mechanical skills required
- PC/AS400 experience a plus
- PinPoint and Pro-Planner experience a plus
The pay range for Washington State is $18.98 - $26.40 Individual pay within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
The Company has a profit sharing program with a bonus target of 15% whereby all non-executive employees are eligible to participate.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.