System Administrator, DevOps InfrastructureBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: System Administrator, DevOps Infrastructure
LOCATION: Bangalore, India
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems
REPORTS TO: Harish C
This Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the company’s application DevOps environment. This includes designing, implementing, and supporting the on-premise and Cloud-based application servers and automating code deployments. In addition to supporting the day-to-day operations this individual will also be responsible for assisting the Developer, Application, and Database Teams with new system design, implementation and testing of mission critical business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, and maintain .NET & Java application servers (IIS, IBM Liberty Application Server)
- Maintain and configure SSL Certificates on internally-facing and externally-facing web servers
- Maintain, implement, and troubleshoot FTP sites (GoAnywhere, IIS-based)
- Automate, perform, and schedule code deployments using scripts and automation toolsets such as BuildMaster & Jenkins
- Collaborate with developers to ensure application servers are tuned appropriately for the developer’s code
- Implement and maintain appropriate infrastructure security posture, specifically as it relates to web servers
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements, quickly and correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates
- Plan, recommend, and implement changes or improvements to existing processes and/or configurations
- Stay up-to-date on evolving infrastructure technologies, especially as it pertains to application deployment
- Provide remote support for our global operations
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- 2 years experience in Systems Administration or Dev Ops
- Experience administering application servers, such as IIS, IBM Websphere or Libery, or WebLogic
- Experience deploying applications in AWS, Azure, or other cloud technologies is a plus
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of common web &networking protocols, including HTTP, DNS, and SSL
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Understanding of load-balancing and fail-over concepts
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an international team
- Corporate office environment
- On-premise presence generally expected daily
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.