Quality Systems EngineerHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Quality Management System Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely under the direction of Site Quality Manager and Global Quality Manager to develop, train, implement and sustain global quality systems for the site
- Champion to drive Site Quality on CAPA Process, Document Management and Control, Control Plans (CP), QMS Internal Audit program within site Quality Systems Management Review (QSMR) requirements.
- Define Site Quality Main Processes as the Quality Standard identifying all process related with Product Realization flow including the New Platform/Product Introduction Phases
- Provide support to Site Quality to improve process for incoming materials quality at manufacturing assembly
- Support CAPA system implementation for site (leadership, training, support, reporting, supporting QSMR)
- Reliance tool migration, support, and implementation
- Weekly / Monthly reporting and follow up
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Reliance Modules related to quality processes for site
- Own management/organization of control plans for critical manufacturing processes as defined by NPI and global quality team as well as by site needs
- Provide Guidance to Site ME and QA Engineers from Sites/ Business Units on PFMEA and Process Control Plan (CP) development, Implementation, and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead Quality Management System Internal Audit program for site
- Define Quality Management Systems Internal Audit Scope, Frequency and Focus Areas based on Global and Site needs
- Define the planning and execution QMS Internal Audit Program
- Coordinate and execute QMS Internal Audit
- Provide Feedback to Top Management on Internal Audit Findings during Closing Meeting
- Processes Documentation Management (Development, Launch, Control and Maintenance)
- Record Retention Management (QMS Internal Audit Findings, QMS Corrective Action Plan on Minor/Major Non-Conformances)
- Support to implement Standard Work Methodology at site
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master Degree is a plus)
- 5+ Years of experience in Quality role in Automotive (preferred), or related Industry with previous high volume production work experience
- Strong knowledge in critical quality process areas and standards: ISO 9001:2008 /TS 16949: 2009
- Root Cause Analysis, Corrective & Preventative Action Systems knowledge
- Quality Control Plan (CP) and FMEA Strong Knowledge
- Auditing Experience as Internal Process Auditor (Certified Lead Auditor, or ready to be certified within first 6 months in the job)
- APQP, PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), GD&T Knowledge is plus
- Lean Manufacturing Knowledge
- The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.