At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Lead a Team of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) professionals to Create a Seamless PLM Ecosystem of Systems & Processes that Enables Cross-functional Collaboration, Unquestionable Data Integrity, & make Step Function Improvements for New Product Development Efficiency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, Manage, and Execute a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Strategy that elevates the organization and accelerates cross-functional efficiency, ingrains quality, and delivers thrilling products
- Align with and help develop D&IT strategy, working with D&IT leaders to ensure development roadmaps are not only executable but enable GBUs to meet their long-term product and efficiency goals.
- Be a thought leader for PLM, breakdown cultural barriers, and help show the organization the overwhelming benefit of developing a GBU-aligned PLM ecosystem.
- Execute a team operating model of 1:1s, skip levels, small team meetings, project status, monthly all staff, and team check ins to sure connectivity and communication.
- Represent the Systems and Process in MOR, Exec MOR, QMR, and other periodic meetings through consultation, slide development and presentation, and any other meeting needs that arise.
- Gather and process information from period reviews with GBUs and non-Engineering functions to better understand PLM needs across the organization; Ensure they are in the long-term PLM strategy to complete trade off analysis to update timing or scope.
- Develop and manage the budget and OTR / headcount processes throughout the year
- Partner with other GEOps Directors and Staff to communicate strategy, refine or coalesce annual and long term goals, as well as lend a hand directly or suggest stretch projects for relationship building, team growth.
- Coach and develop direct and indirect staff understanding growth pathways, bandwidth opportunities, and succession planning.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, MIS, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in Engineering Leadership roles
- Ability to manage multiple portfolios of projects with competing resources and overlapping timelines and budgets
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction
- Quick, Independent, & Eager Learner
- Ability to collaborate across functions and levels
- Experience in a model year based production environment
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment.
- Possible Travel to Engineering Locations, up to 25%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.