At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Dealer Support team is made up of dedicated employees providing the highest level of partnership to our Polaris dealer network. The goal for the team is to foster business relationships, build rapport and show a commitment to trust with Polaris dealers and industry partners. The team is responsible for providing industry leading support for all Polaris product lines and a vast array of business functions within and outside of Polaris.
The Dealer Support representative is focused on how we can continue to be easier to do business with as a partner to our dealers while understanding that each dealer interaction can have an impact on the Polaris end user. Each representative is responsible for understanding what support a dealer needs, educating dealers about options and then pursuing solutions. Team members are highly skilled at leveraging Polaris internal resources to drive positive outcomes and exceed the expectations of our dealer partners and end users.
Each team member is responsible for sharing the voice of the dealer to internal Polaris stakeholders. Each interaction with a dealer presents the opportunity to understand the impact internal decisions have in the field. Representatives work to bring awareness to opportunities within Polaris, partner with business units to drive solutions and document outcomes for continuous learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Dealer Contact Ownership:
- Communicate with Polaris dealers in a highly specialized way, providing solutions to dealership staff who need support for a variety of products, systems, and programs
- Demonstrate expertise in providing coaching and recommendations to all levels of dealership personnel to foster productivity, profitability, and outstanding customer experience.
- Work with a sense of urgency for all contacts and set clear guidelines on anticipated resolution for issues that require follow up
- Demonstrate mastery of a multitude of Polaris internal systems, dealership resources and 3rd party vendors to drive solutions
- Tailor communication style to audience, understanding the priorities of dealership staff at all levels as well as internal Polaris staff
- Understand internal measurements and metrics for success, ensuring that each contact meets or exceeds those measurements and understand how they impact the dealer
- Display forward thinking in how you propose solutions, focusing on long and short term business objectives and definitions of success
- Act as a subject matter expert for a designated product line or business unit within Polaris. Support other representatives within the Non-Techincal Dealer Support team with associated questions or issues. Act as the voice of the dealer and provide council to appropriate business units by offering proposals based on relevant contact data.
- Facilitate problem solving, research, and dispute resolution between Polaris dealers, the Dealer Services team and internal Polaris departments.
- Participate in the resolution of escalations initiated within Polaris that involve dealers our industry partners. Provide insight on solutions and demonstrate creative thinking to ultimately bring resolution
- Utilizing existing systems, identify key contact trends, conduct analysis, consolidate takeaways, and document outcomes
- Content Management: document changes to existing or new standard process to support team members and build upon existing department & external knowledge base.
- Develop new approaches to address issue resolution, improve dealer sentiment, reduce costs and improve owner satisfaction
- Strive to implement LEAN into daily activities by minimizing process disruption both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years B2B or B2C experience
- Strong problem solving skills with a commitment to meet or exceed service level promise
- High level of curiosity and ability to grasp a wide variety of topics encompassing all aspects of the Polaris business.
- Preferred French or Spanish language fluency for both written and verbal communication to support multilingual dealerships
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading support and build strong relationships with dealership staff at all levels
- Critical thinking skills to work in a grey area role that may not have standard answers but does result in financial impact to Polaris or dealership partners
- Strong prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate across all levels including senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to understand audience and articulate thoughts and ideas. Proficient in explaining complex situations to dealer partners to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Demonstrate sound analytical problem solving skills by balancing practical application of experience, creativity, and consistent follow-through.
- Team player - act as a liaison between internal departments and bridge communication gaps
- Current knowledge of software and applications– Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and Sharepoint. Microsoft CRM, Showcase and AS400 experience a plus.
- Powersports or automotive dealership experience preferred
- Fast paced office environment. Adhering to Polaris corporate standard for hybrid work location.
- A majority of time is spent working directly with Polaris dealers, via phone and electronic communication
- Located in Plymouth, MN
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.