At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Provide maintenance support for Polaris Fernley distribution center operations, including but not limited to repairs and PMs for building systems, robotics, forklifts, material handling equipment and other machinery on site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and hydraulic systems
- Diagnosis and repair of electromechanical and robotic systems
- Develop and maintain required documentation to support controls applications used in the distribution process, including operation and maintenance
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Install new equipment or work with outside vendors on installation
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Perform special projects as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical degree such as electrical or mechanical maintenance required or actively enrolled in a technical degree program
- 3+ years of previous maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, with all levels of the distribution center
- Ability to perform tasks under minimal supervision
- Excellent organization, communication, administrative and teamwork skills are required.
- Strong desire to deliver excellent customer service and maintain positive customer relationships
- Knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required
- Data entry skills for distribution systems are required
- The ability to take direction, work independently, and manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Distribution Center and Warehouse environment
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Capacity & comfort to easily work on a platform/lift, up to 40 feet from the ground
- Ability to stand/walk for a 7-9-hour shift
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. individually, or 75 lbs. with a team lift is required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.