At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
MDM Solution Architect
D & IT
Data Management Lead
The Solution Architect in Bangalore will aid in driving technology planning activities and systems designs to meet the needs of the Polaris business. The Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components where possible, advance the state of Polaris D&IT to supportable and cost-effective. As the MDM architect you will work on designing an Enterprise level MDM platform for the company. The candidate will have to work closely with Data Management Lead, Enterprise Architecture Team, Business, and IT and be capable of leading solution driven discussions, mapping business requirements to technical solutions.
Our ideal candidate will be driven to provide top quality technology solutions that balance the concerns of all stakeholders. This position will require a demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization. The position requires the person to provide technical leadership to the MDM Development team of MDM consultants, Data Stewards, MDM Testers working in cross platform application design.
Our landscape has a heavy focus on Microsoft technologies (Dynamics 365 ERP, CRM, BI etc.) and IBMI iSeries ERP, hence proficiency and experience in building solutions across such a suite of applications will be a distinct advantage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop MDM data model (conceptual, logical, and Physical) including mastering patterns for mastering new entities along the Product, Customer, Dealer and Supplier Masters
- Assess existing state of master entities in the organization and recommend the to-be target state
- Document Master Data architecture
- Get enterprise agreement on the definitions for the master entities and attributes
- Work with the global applications and Infra teams and setup the Infrastructure for the MDM implementation in accordance with Enterprise Principles and Standards
- Work closely with business stakeholders for creating System Interaction diagrams and Business process & flows across systems
- Evaluate multiple MDM tools and recommend as needed.
- Responsibilities include planning, designing, reviewing, and enforcing the developer guidelines for the MDM program
- Data Integrity and security fall under the supervision of the MDM architect
- Work with teams to design the testing and scaling the underlying systems as needed to ensure optimal performance at all times.
- Leverage technology standards and roadmaps to ensure IT solutions are best aligned to business and IT strategic goals
- Ensure application teams design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, and reliable applications
- Serve as a technology expert during project gate reviews and provide approval of technology direction for individual projects
- Maintain relationships with key technology vendors to understand key trends and product direction
- Work to influence vendor roadmaps so their offerings better align to Polaris needs
- Work with Product Owners to educate business/IT stakeholders on MDM principles and contribute to Product roadmaps
- Educate D&IT teams on roadmaps, standards, and new technologies
- 12+ years of Consulting/advisory experience/Data & Analytics experience with tier-1 firms
- 4+ years MDM Architecture with systems architecture design, planning and implementation experience with cloud solutions and enterprise services
- Demonstrable experience architecting MDM solutions from scratch or enhancing existing MDM solution for large-scale organizations
- Experience in driving large-scale transformation management/project management/program management as Subject Matter Expert in MDM, Data Quality
- Exposure to Data Governance best practices
- 2+ years of experience with Agile software development
- Experience working in Automotive and/or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Experience with hybrid (cloud/on premises) integration architecture patterns is highly desired
- In depth Knowledge of Design patterns and experience using an Enterprise Architect tool is a plus.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms such as Azure or Snowflake
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.