At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Snow validation engineer to conduct customer focused validation planning and testing of snowmobiles, systems and subsystems. Works with the product group to develop vehicle and engine level specifications, reliablilty and durability targets. Owns the reporting of validation status, coordinates lab testing, establishes pass/fail critera, and supports field test planning and execusion as required. Helps makes the news in addition to reporting the news.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute the DVP&R for Snow vehicle programs assigned.
- Uses experience and engineering principles to develop and specify test procedures, pass/fail criteria and equipment necessary to conduct performance and control system validation on Polaris Snowmobiles.
- Work with Project, Systems and Test teams to carry out component and vehicle level validation activities.
- Participate in and understand vehicle level 1 and 2 specs as it pertains. Key participant in DFMEAs
- Lead validation processes to ensure that driveability metrics, applicable limits, test procedures and certification requirements are achieved on time.
- Develop field and lab test targets based on Reliability goals
- Improve existing and develop new test procedures as required.
- Use appropriate data acquisition to gather necessary data throughout the validation cycle.
- Responsible for data integrity and all technical aspects of the testing process.
- Records and analyzes test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Research alternatives, and implement solutions to meet objectives.
- Report DVP&R status and vehicle Reliability with common data output format supported by testing conclusions to project team and management.
- Support field testing, and issue resolution.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis during the validation process. Be a resource to systems engineers to collect data or test design improvements for the resolution of issues found during testing.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related engineering fields.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced with or capable of learning data processing and collection tools like AIM, Edaq or similar.
- System or component level test experience preferred
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experienced with test development, planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of field and lab testing with reliability metrics and targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail, intensely curious.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, works well with team.
- Title to be based on previous relevant experience
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Knows how to enjoy his/her work and have fun doing it
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.