At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is the world leader in off-road vehicles. The Event Support Operations Specialist will support marketing operations and the Event Support team through managing our fleet of marketing vehicles. Primary areas of focus include vehicle and accessory/part forecasting and ordering, vehicle tracking and management, and vehicle logistics planning and execution. The Event Support Operations Specialist will work cross functionally with exceptional speed to drive toward strategic goals focused on customers and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input, update and manage unit inventory lists and documents for all products arriving/departing the R&Q facility
- Update & maintain GAME tracking system with location for units at R&Q facility
- Point of contact with plants during model year launch assisting with ensuring product is shipped timely and accurately per production timelines
- Manage all pre-production orders for Rec and Utility vehicles, accessory and part needs, including shipment updates and tracking, expediting orders, and securing orders direct from dealers on an as-needed basis
- Lead rework initiatives with Engineering and Marketing
- Organize and track necessary parts to understand timelines of completion
- Tracking of YLD/ELD holds per MGMT request to understand specific location of units during usage
- Point of contact with carriers to arrange trucks, schedules and additional logistics details
- Logistics contact for loads in and out of Roseau
- Participate in packing list calls to make sure trailers are loaded with assets needed
- Responsible for creating and updating load sheets
- Responsible for Freight/UPS/Fed Ex Shipping & Receiving at R&Q Facility
- Develop and maintain efficient project management workstream for tracking accessories for specific events/shoots/misc. requests
- Maintain R&Q facility parts and accessories inventory and tracking file
- Responsible for maintaining transport trailer inventory file and inventory on the trailer between events
- Confirm transport trailer has assets/supplies/parts according to requests/load sheets
- Back-up resource to the Marketing Operations Specialist for SIOP Planning & Management as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2 year Technical degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4-6 years relevant experience.
- AS400 experience.
- Bill Of Materials (BOM) experience.
- Forklift certification required or willing to become certified
- Knowledge of logistics planning, parts management or inventory tracking experience preferred
- Good operational and process orientation; detail oriented; strong project management and organization abilities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; experience in dealing with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and managing tasks on time
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues with internal and external partners
- Ability to operate autonomously to deliver results (self-starter)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Corporate office environment
- R&Q Storage Facility
- Some travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.