At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Technician for our Vehicle Emissions Lab. This technician would be responsible for chassis-based emissions testing and equipment calibrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate chassis dynamometers and emissions measurement equipment
- Conduct emissions testing
- Perform daily equipment calibration (including dyno and emissions bench)
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software
- Remove and reinstall parts for emissions testing
- Update powertrain hardware on development vehicles as needed
- Maintain the quality and integrity of data generated
- Document testing, summarize results, and write test reports
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized laboratory area according to Polaris standards
- Assist with justification for new capital equipment supporting emissions lab
- 3-5 years of experience in powertrain testing, chassis dyno operation, or emissions testing.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as vehicle scan tools, data acquisition systems, and similar instrumentation.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to self-manage time and coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Basic fabrication skills.
- 3+ years of experience with mechanical work on powersports or automotive products
- Motorcycle, ATV, and UTV riding experience.
- Test schedule programming and operation experience.
- Travel: Less than 10%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.