At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Program Leader with On-road is responsible to lead, direct and monitor design and development of vehicle programs from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule. This role will be accountable to manage & lead a cross-functional team to plan and execute vehicle programs with a strong focus on total program investment, timing & conformance to vehicle Key Product Characteristics (KPC’s) along with adherence to technical specifications using the Polaris Development Process (PDP). Success in achieving goals to schedule and budget is critical. This role will focus on technology projects such as ADAS, Advanced Braking Systems, and other electro-mechanically driven systems.
Location: Wyoming, MN
Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Manages multiple small and large-scale programs and initiatives or technology projects that are 1-3 years in length, with significant overall financial investments.
- Manages & drives cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance, and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the programs and support once in production.
- Manages multiple programs simultaneously using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; must be considered a subject matter expert in the gated process.
- Responsible for the key decisions and milestones that drive the program objectives and metrics.
- Ensures that Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing resources are coordinated to provide issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success.
- Coordinates with external vendors and holds them accountable to deliverables, relationship management.
- Drives the DVP&R activity as required through technical leads; recommends solutions and leads issue resolution as needed.
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional Managers or Directors.
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program’s success.
- Assists functional Managers Directors to plan budgets and forecasts for manpower and expenses.
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, events, sales and marketing information, and service publications; acts as an Engineering advocate.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background.
- Excellent project planning, organization, and administrative skills; subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of electrical systems, in areas related to vehicle ECU’s, controls, diagnostics, or communications required.
- Experience – formal or otherwise, with vehicle architectures, mechanical systems, and engines.
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Excellent ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills; able to inspire and guide team members.
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Understands and actively pursues the voice of the customer to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to directly supervise, lead and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented, customer-focused and driven to succeed.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Polaris and Indian Motorcycles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- B.S. Engineering Degree required, Electrical, Software, Controls Engineering or equivalent desired.
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment, quiet to moderate noise level.
- Up to 10% travel throughout the year, domestic.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.