At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for a skilled engineer who can act as the Subject Matter Expert for cooling systems ATV & SXS Vehicles. This person will be responsible for leading the complete system integration of ATV and SXS cooling systems. This would included specification creation, design, development, analysis, validation, and release into production.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design industry leading ATV and SxS cooling systems to ensure increased profitability and market share. Work with project teams to define project goals and product specifications.
- In partnership with the Industrial Design team, ensure the appropriate tradeoffs are made for cooling system packaging / air flow and vehicle styling. Integrate cooling system technologies into ORV vehicles.
- Create and maintain system design guidelines and validation plans and communicate to the project teams and the validation teams.
- Work with project teams to define project goals and system specifications.
- Work with Development Engineers and Technicians to make sure the suitable level of development and validation of systems is conducted at the appropriate times.
- Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Work with the ORV design group, contract design team, and outside suppliers to ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using KPC’s and GD&T).
- Work with Powertrain team in the development, specification and implementation of cooling systems in support of current and future ORV models.
- Provide Cooling system technical support to: Project Engineers, Designers, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Powertrain, Quality Assurance and Service.
- Use data acquisition to quantify cooling system performance with ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for this purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Ensures production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using GD&T) to deliver Key Product characteristics (KPCs).
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Quantify Intake & Exhaust Systems performance through data acquisition and analysis of test data. Must be able to operate Off-Road vehicles for the purpose of development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Lead and participate in design reviews on an assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Create and maintain component specifications, test procedures, design guidelines, DFMEA’s, and DVP&R’s.
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years design and development experience
- Possess understanding of cooling system function and design
- Design and development experience required in cooling systems
- Creo-parametric and windchill release system experience, or related CAD modeling software
- Experience with system specifications
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Highly developed computer skilled using design/analysis and Microsoft Office software
Fast paced office environment
Travel as needed for test trips, vendor visits, customer relations, and training (Up to 15%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.