Engineer, Embedded System Validation (Infotainment)Bangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Engineer, Embedded System Validation (Infotainment)
Department: Central Engineering
Reports to: Team Lead Location: Bangalore
JOB SUMMARY: In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of the embedded controls system which includes the integration of ECU hardware and software. Your primary responsibility is the development and execution of tests based on requirements, and the analysis of the test results. You will design and develop any necessary harnesses and vehicle loads to support automated, bench, and/or on-vehicle validation. You will have to simulate vehicle components such as sensors, switches, and actuators. You will also have to diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware, and wiring issues to support validation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Work with control systems engineers to plan test script development and software validation schedules. • Manage multiple ECU validation schedules and projects simultaneously. • Review and understand ECU software requirements and the desired functionality of the vehicle system. • Design test cases and develop test scripts for software validation. • Setup, execute, and analyze the results of the software validation and report results to stakeholders. • Design harnesses and loads banks for the validation to simulate a vehicle based on wire schematics and components. • Ensure that hardware validation is completed as required by suppliers or test labs. Additionally, you may: • Develop additional software tools to support test automation. • Develop real-time plant models to perform closed loop testing. • Participate in HARA/DFMEA and Functional Safety discussions. • Help to design new Hardware in the Loop systems or upgrades to support additional testing. • Provide input to embedded system improvements and design. • Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE :
• B.S. or higher in Engineering required, prefer Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering; would consider candidates with a B.S. in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics with applicable experience in an automotive related software testing role.
• 4+ years of experience in embedded control system development or validation.
• Understanding of engine, powertrain, chassis, body, suspension or other vehicle control systems.
• Experience with automated test development and programming.
• Experience with vehicle communication protocols.
• Ability to troubleshoot test hardware and wire harnesses using scopes and multimeters.
• Experience with Python programming and debugging.
• Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test system hardware and software.
• Experience with dSPACE, ETAS, NI, or other hardware and software test systems.
• Experience with object-oriented programming
• Experience with CAN/J1939/UDS.
• Experience with OBD2 (J1979; ASAM MCD3-D; ASAM ODX).
• Experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience with real-time plant modeling.
• Experience with Git and command line/shell.
• Experience with ASAM XIL v2+.
• Experience with ECU measurement and calibration (CCP/XCP; ASAM MCD3-MC).
• Experience with lifecycle management software, PTC Integrity/Windchill PLM.
• Standard office environment.
• Short term International travel.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.