At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Model Based Controls Software Engineer Department: Polaris Bangalore Center
As a Model Based Controls Engineer, you will design, develop, and verify prototype and production controls software for various vehicle controls solutions across multiple product lines. You will leverage requirement documents to develop specifications, develop application software in Simulink, manage configuration and release of software, develop verification plans, execute software tests, and analyze the test results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Create test plans for software unit and integration verification
• Design test cases and develop test scripts for software verification
• Execute software unit and integration tests in MIL/SIL environments
• Interpret, analyze and report the results of software unit and integration tests
• Rapid Controls Prototyping – Development of software to support new feature prototyping. Output may be prototyping software and calibration capabilities for prototyping ECU platform
• Production Application Software Development – Development of production ECU software per controller software requirements
• Work with System Leads to review vehicle level system requirements and understand vehicle behavior goals
• Decompose controller/functional level requirements into software architecture and unit requirements
• Design and implement software algorithms in Simulink Model-Based Environment
• Manage source control of software and ensure changes are tracked and releases files for the team follow best practices
• Other duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• B.S. or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Engineering; or related Degree
Experience with software V&V efforts including MIL/SIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required
• Experience with design and implementation of vehicle controls and/or simulations required
• Experienced in MATLAB/Simulink is required; C/C++ experience is desired
• Experience with code generation toolchains desired
• Experience with communication networks required, CAN strongly preferred
• Familiarity with requirement and test case management in requirement/software development database applications preferred
• Experience with source control methods and applications
• Experience with functional safety practices a plus (26262, HARA, DFMEA, FTA and similar practices)
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
• Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.