At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- This position will define and develop features to be implemented in our future global control system platforms
- This role will lead cross functional discussions of how electrical controls designs are developed within Polaris. As a Feature System Lead you will be responsible for influencing and pitching platforming opportunities proof of concepts, and enabling controller leads to translate features into technical requirements for implementation to internal stakeholders.
- This role will include presenting to Polaris leadership technical and business-related material centered around the way features are developed across business units. This is a key technical leadership development position, shaping the future of Polaris products for years to come.
- This is a highly visible role. Your success in this position will not only depend on your technical expertise but also your business acumen and soft skills: strong internal motivation, ability to articulate Return on Investment not only for the GBU but Polaris overall, empathy for your colleagues, ability to influence, ability to counter with rational arguments in the face of strong challenges by equally skilled colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable features to be designed/provisioned for efficient insertion across all of Polaris “Not just within a particular Business Unit”
- Lead faster feature and requirement development (Especially early on in ECU development)
- Create a “funnel” for features to be developed for the betterment of Polaris as a whole.
- Enhance platforming mindset and capabilities with a focus on extensibility and modularity to allow flexibility and continued future evolution with minimal incremental effort and time.
- Enables better “Platform Feature development” outside/ahead of PDP Vehicle Development
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or similar Engineering field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with control system development required, with preferred experience in powersports, automotive, or agriculture fields.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety preferred
- Experience with ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 preferred
- Experience with vehicle communication networks required; CAN, J1939 and UDS strongly preferred
- System engineering mindset, with proven experience platforming complex systems.
- Process oriented mindset for adherence to engineering rigor.
- Experience in requirements management
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Strong interpersonal skills required, with the ability to put yourself in a technical sales mindset as you interact with GEECS’s customers – the GBUs.
- Self-driven and comfortable operating in ambiguity.
- Experience in effective problem solving
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.