At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a part of our Global Electrical Systems team, this role will be responsible for supporting the design, development and validation of Functional Safety across many Polaris product lines. This is a high visibility and a large impact position to the organization. With this position, you will be working with many different product teams to ensure the electrical designs on Polaris products are safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and mentor the organization with Functional Safety development
- Create and manage project specific safety plans
- Lead the development of the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA) for Polaris products
- Develop & document the vehicle level safety concept to support the vehicle level safety goals & allocate/decompose the requirements to features, control functions and components
- Lead and participate in safety Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and safety aspects of Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Create and manage Development Interface Agreements (DIA) with suppliers
- Lead process improvements to align with Functional Safety standards
- Interface with component/controller development engineers, vendor(s), and other cross-functional Polaris team members as needed for component/module development, ensuring system-level functionality is met
- Support the Lead in researching, reviewing, and communicating future trends, technologies, competitor positioning, policies and regulations associated with Functional Safety and SOTIF
- Other duties as required
- B.S. or higher in Engineering preferred
- 3+ years of experience with the vehicle electrical controls and ISO 26262 preferred
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety preferred
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Familiarity with requirements management tools and configuration management preferred
- Experience with writing engineering requirements preferred
- Experience in project management preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.