At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an Embedded System Validation Team Engineering Supervisor in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems organization you will provide technical leadership to the team responsible for embedded systems validation of electronic control systems. This includes validation of ECU hardware/software requirements, diagnostics, and communications for infotainment controllers. You will work with the internal program management team and vehicle product teams to ensure validation plans are completed to meet program timing.
As an Engineering Supervisor, you will provide technical leadership for new electrical controller content and to maintain high quality standards by establishing and ensuring best practices are followed within the Embedded System validation team, as well as retain ownership of your own technical execution projects. You will provide support for department budgeting, resource management and hiring, and strategy definition as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Manager in department strategy and execution planning, budgeting, recruitment, and hiring
- Create and enhance control systems validation related process, tools, and training
- Work with control systems engineers to plan test script development and software validation schedules
- Manage work assignments for team to ensure validation schedules are completed on time
- Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline.
- Motivates, coaches, develops and leads employees (local and remote) to further organizational objectives and promote employee development.
- Provide guidance to the team on best approach for validation of HW and SW including usage of MIL/SIL/HIL simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing
- Design test cases and develop test scripts for software validation as needed.
- Setup, execute, and analyze the results of the software validation and report results to stakeholders.
- Ensure that hardware validation is completed as required by supplier or test labs.
- As applicable, ensure test coverage to align with Functional Safety goals/standards (May include participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Provide root cause analysis and troubleshooting guidance to the team
- Some (domestic and international) travel required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired 6+ years’ experience in design, implementation, or validation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN, UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, unit testing, and related documentation required
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Embedded hardware, electronic circuit, and RF design experience a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred
- Experience in project management strongly preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.