At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Superior supplier sourcing and development are critical to achieving Polaris and PG&A performance goals. The Manager of PG&A Sourcing and Supplier Development is responsible for advancing value creation among the Parts, Garments and Accessories global supplier network through performance improvement & capability enhancement of existing suppliers, along with the qualification, selection and onboarding of new suppliers. The manager will establish strategic direction, best-methods and performance management of the PG&A supplier base to maximize customer and financial performance. The manager must act as the key liaison between global sourcing and supplier development teams, as well as develop and maintain effective relationships with teams spanning PG&A category, product & purchasing, legal, information systems and other supply chain teams. This role is also responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of drop-ship supplier/fulfillment operations, spanning drop-shipper qualification, approval, contract, launch and ongoing development and performance management. The Manager is accountable to develop long-range and annual operating plans which support strategic objectives and ensure achievement of product strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead team of Sourcing and Supplier Development Leads; own talent acquisition, training and development.
- Act as the key liaison between PG&A and global strategic sourcing and supplier development teams
- Develop strategies, governance and standard work to drive continuous improvement in PG&A direct and indirect supplier sourcing and performance
- Leverage supplier/provider and dropship supplier scorecards and KPI to assist cross-functional team-members with supplier management as well as influence supplier procurement/obsolescence decisions
- Provide a holistic view of supplier performance across the PG&A enterprise; develop process and common language to provide leadership visibility and address poor performance
- Support opportunities to provide value-add or competitive advantage to both parties through Polaris-Supplier collaboration, including SIOP integration, lead-time reduction and LEAN
- Define and prioritize supplier development goals and manage projects to meet corporate goals
- Innovate and lead process and tools deployment to enhance Supply Chain Management practices with a focus on standard work
- Evangelize service-part negotiable items into production sourcing processes and help optimize service-part supplier transitions
- Support sourcing team in solving specific challenges and overcoming project roadblocks when necessary, so that agreed goals and objectives are met.
- Ensure information systems and legal controls are effectively supporting and protecting PG&A & Polaris interests
- Review and benchmark companies in other industries to gain strategic insight
- Create long-range and annual operating plans and budgets
- Lead standard recovery processes in warranty and damage
- Translate business needs and strategic priorities into actionable strategies
- Manage and review drop-ship supplier service agreements and assist with negotiations to maximize positive outcomes for Polaris
- Support and drive process & technical development and improvement in drop-ship operations, including international order fulfillment and supplier transition to dropship
- Assist with resolution of technical and operational issues within the drop-ship supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or related field
- 8+ years of functional experience including supplier management, quality, sourcing and/or development
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally, internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- Standard office environment
- Some travel required [up to 25%] both domestically and internationally
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.