At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Indian Motorcycle Accessories Design Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for leading the development of Indian Motorcycles accessories across multiple motorcycle programs that results in successful product readiness and launches. Responsible for leading the design process of vehicle accessory components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
•Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, safety, compliance, timely delivery, and cost.
•Leads the preparation and presentation of the monthly motorcycle accessories project status meeting.
•Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
•Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
•Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers and engineers within the team.
•Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
•Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
•Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
•Represents the Company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site, and vehicle examination reports as required.
•Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
- Support product leads in developing line plans for programs by performing early design work and providing consultation to create successful line plans.
- Support industrial design department during clay and early concept development to set up accessory program line plan for success.
- Manage weekly meetings with project team throughout development (product, engineering, industrial design, purchasing, and test) to work through issues and facilitate cross-functional alignment.
- Develop product development schedules for each accessory in program and clearly communicate status of each accessory across the entire line plan throughout the development process.
- Facilitate issue resolution across product, engineering, industrial design, purchasing and test to keep products on track.
- Be an advocate for the PG&A team within the whole goods engineering throughout the development process. Ensure entire accessory line-up is given the necessary focus from all development teams throughout project to set products up for success.
- Lead PG&A group transition between development and production by clearly providing risks and timelines for the transition to production.
- Lead cross-functional PG&A group to gain early alignment to support successful PG&A product readiness and successful product launches.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
•Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent
•Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, PTC Creo/Pro-Engineer preferred. Solidworks also considered.
•3 years experience in an O.E. environment.
•Creation of original specifications for system standards.
•GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
•Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in vehicle design.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Good strategic vision and business knowledge.
•Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
•High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
•Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
•Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
•Fast paced office environment
•Travel as needed (less than 10%)
Note: Actual title will be dependent upon candidate experience and competency within product design. *LI-LM1
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.