At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages, directs, and monitors Powertrain technology programs from ideation to PDP adoption to achieve program objectives and milestones within a specified time schedule and budget
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages small- and large-scale programs that are 1-3+ years in length to identify, develop, prototype and demonstrate technology applications for powertrains.
- Manages cross-functional Powertrain program team(s) to meet project milestones, cost, quality, durability, performance, and/or reliability requirements.
- Assess advanced technologies and prioritize development along with Powertrain and GBU leaders and subject matter experts (SME).
- Directs the Powertrain program using the Application Readiness Level (ARL), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; considered a subject matter expert in the gated process
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics
- Manages the assigned Powertrain team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes; collaborates with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate
- Engages manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources as required to advance technology development and assess for adaptation within Polaris.
- Drives the development testing as required through technical leads to analyze problems and recommends possible solutions
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team, coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success Assists functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts and tracking
- Provides technical support for adoption and execution into PDP. Works closely with GBU PT Program Leader to ensure success throughout PDP and related deliverables.
- Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background, ideally in powertrains
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally
- Strong ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills and ability
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication) Understands the voice of customer to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to supervise people if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
- Novi, Mi location requires 30% travel to MN.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.