Senior HR GeneralistRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Senior HR Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Talent: Ensure talent is available and pipelines are full at all levels of the organization
- Provide development coaching and leadership training to supervisors, group leaders and team leader.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process, including labor forecasting and planning.
- Ensure robust onboarding of new employees, providing both the skills and cultural understanding needed for success.
- Assists in maintaining high level of employee retention.
Culture: Build upon the existing culture that exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status
- Support plant employee relations efforts and drive high employee engagement.
- Maintain open communication by proactively communicating to the plant population, spending significant time on the shop floor, following-up in a timely manner, facilitating discussion, planning communications, and coordinating with leadership.
- Identify and implement opportunities to build a sense of team, camaraderie and community.
- Identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues.
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed
- Act as business partner to large client groups in manufacturing such as welding, paint, and/or assembly to execute against strategic priorities and facilitate success against line-side metrics, goals and objectives.
- Work closely with client to ensure an optimal structure for achieving desired results.
- Innovate and improve upon lateral capabilities within client organization.
- Work with corporate centers of excellence to drive HR initiatives
Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service
- Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency.
- Execute HR annual processes (i.e., performance calibration, comp planning, 360, etc.).
- Carry out day to day HR tasks, as required.
- Participate in and/or drive safety action and engagement.
- Support lean processes, goals and objectives, including facilitation of kaizen, and increasing employee engagement in the improvement process.
- Facilitate team meetings, project teams, and other events.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High integrity
- Passion for excellence: capable of a high level of execution against set timelines
- Customer focus: able to translate the needs of the client group into HR solutions
- Problem solver: Intellectually agile able to see multiple sides of issues and flexes to drive solutions
- Leadership: Confident and engaging, with the courage to challenge as required
- Innovative mindset, with ability to identify and act on key opportunities for improvement
- Team player: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Culture
- Employee development: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Talent
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them
- Must be open to relocate and travel for career advancement
- Four (4) year degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Three plus (3+) years’ manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with successful direct employee relations preferred
- Experience with an HRIS system-based software preferred
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing concepts and LEAN HR preferred
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.