At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The position supports the Polaris Powertrain (PT) Component Test Group at the Wyoming Product Development Facility. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to develop and validate new Powertrain technologies in the testing labs. The daily tasks for this position include performing Bolted Joint and Fuji Paper tests on Powertrain Components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review work requests (parts, instructions, prints, sketches, CAD, etc.) for feasibility and communicate feedback with on/off-site engineers
- Fabricate & assemble test fixtures used in bolted joint testing
- Instrument hardware/fasteners
- Operate manual torque wrenches and DC Tools
- Perform Torque to Failure, Ultrasonic Bolt, and Fuji Paper testing as requested
- Record and process data using Micro Control equipment and Atlas Copco’s ToolsTalk and ToolsNet
- Prepare detailed reports to communicate testing results with the PT organization
- Assist in the development of testing procedures
- Maintain inventory of parts, tools, tooling, and fixtures needed for testing components
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Keep a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 2-year technical degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience using torque wrenches and/or DC Tools
- Strong mechanical technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics and use general measuring equipment
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft products
- Organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritization skills
- Process oriented
- Motivated, flexible, and self-sufficient,
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Understanding of internal combustion engines, fuel systems, and CVT systems
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, and reading electrical schematics
- Operate manual fabrication equipment including mills, lathes, drill presses & band saws
- Welding experience – TIG/MIG
- Experience assembling and disassembling engines
- Data acquisition & diagnostic tool experience
- Technical writing skills
- Able to work independently or in a team atmosphere on various sized projects
- Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment.
- Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts.
Willingness to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.