At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Electrical Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for performing activities pertaining with the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical/electronic systems and components to lead design implementation into production. The primary area of focus will be on Polaris Off-Road vehicles with some work on other Polaris products as required.
- Work directly with Vehicle System Architect to execute and integrate electrical system plan into vehicle platform
- Work directly with Component Category SME and Component Engineer to develop new electrical components
- Develop and maintain system schedule and refine system cost
- Support physical harness development by creating wire diagrams based on high level schematics
- Support system drawing creation, review, and release
- Work directly with design team on routed system CAD development
- Complete and communicate manufacturing test plan for the electrical system
- Support Routing Team in the creation or development of the manufacturing instructions (ERD)
- Complete system level requirement validation
- Support DVP&R execution
- Support vehicle builds at Polaris manufacturing sites
- Lead design reviews as required
- Work with Test team to resolve field issues and closure of incident reports (IR)
- Perform analysis on the physical design implementation, including component placement, wire diagram analysis, component selection
- Support feature calibration validation
- Review field warranty issues and implement solutions in designs
- Performs other miscellaneous electrical engineering assignments as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or closely related curriculum
- 2 + years of experience
- Understanding and experience with circuit design, system-level design, component specifications, and requirements management
- Experience with Electrical design & analysis tools
- Experience in, or an interest in, formal methods of Systems Engineering
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Experience with electronic schematic capture and circuit simulation tools
- Electrical system design of vehicle or machine control systems
- Experience with mechanical systems and engines (doesn’t have to be included in formal education)
- Hands-on experience using electrical test and assembly equipment
- Product development experience
- Wire harness design experience
- Control Area Network (CAN) experience
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Familiarity with worldwide requirements, regulations, and compliance standards
- Strong organizational skills to execute multiple programs concurrently
Some travel required to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.