At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Central VIP Engineering is searching for an Engineering Supervisor to support the VIP Project Engineers. In this role you will lead a team responsible for identification and completion of value improvement projects in alignment with metrics identified to support the GEOPS team. You will work directly with Program Leaders to support various project within all GBUs to align your team to the long-term strategy to help teams reach their cost down metrics as well. A strong coach capable of defining steps and aligning the engineering team is ideal for this position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, align, and delegate VIP cost savings projects by leveraging various teams within Central VIP.
- Assist Program Leads in managing their respective budgets by tracking activities and budget usage within the project engineering team
- Prepare and conduct performance evaluations as identified by the ASDR process
- Supervision of staff including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and developing employees
- Motivate, coach, develop, and direct employees (local and remote) to further organizational objectives and promote employee development
- Identify training opportunities or needs within the team
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other related degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant test experience required.
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong direct and/or indirect leadership experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Polaris product development process desired.
- Experience with Microsoft office software –Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Fast paced office and manufacturing environment
- Hybrid work environment
- Up to 10% travel may be associated with this role
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.