At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Sourcing Lead – Strategic Value Improvement, you will play a critical role in development and implementation of sourcing strategy for assigned categories in alignment with the broader long-term category vision.
You will work closely with Category Sourcing, Operations, Engineering, Product Development and Legal to support developing robust, multi-year sourcing strategies and recommend category specific Approved Supplier List (ASL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Support activities involved in identifying and vetting new suppliers and collaboratively with category sourcing establish relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris.
- Lead contract negotiations and implementations such as MSAs and MOUs (to be signed by Purchasing Manager or above).
- Participate in site visits, negotiations, and competitive market analysis to secure contractual commitments to achieve longer-term cost savings and technology requirements.
- Evaluate supplier capability and fit for overall category based on input from cross-functional teams such as Engineering and Product Management.
- Align with cross-functional stakeholders to recommend new potential suppliers for Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Foster collaborative relationship with category sourcing on strategy development and supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with category sourcing on the implementation of the strategies that support plans and goals.
- Assist in establishing the multi-year vision for the commodity taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
- Support category sourcing with implementation of cost reductions, and projects on an as needed basis.
- Analyze purchased commodities and perform supplier risk assessments.
- Support supplier on-boarding and exit plans as needed.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Support category teams in both short and long-term initiatives for assigned categories to align with budget and LRP commitments.
- Analyze supplier’s adherence to contracts and performance commitments for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris’s requirements.
- Primary internal contact regarding contract management, supplier relationship management, and strategic sourcing.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired
- 4+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations leadership
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 5-25% travel may be required
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.