At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have a great opportunity for a talented engineer to join our off-road vehicle (ORV) team as a Field Test Engineer. You will partner with the Validation Engineers to execute product-specific testing duty cycles on-site at the Polaris Proving Grounds. (PPG)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead regular meetings with Field Test Drivers to identify and characterize emerging durability and NPS issues.
· Utilize On-board data collection systems to ensure accurate, repeatable field test operation.
· Collaborating with Validation Engineers on the creation and assignment of Incident Reports (IR) to elevate critical issues.
· Lead initial data gathering to assist Design engineers with root cause analysis.
· Summarize field testing results including details of events, test schedule, and status.
· Create procedures related to field testing and inspections,
· Train and mentor others in testing methodologies.
· Must be willing to travel periodically
· Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
· Ability to present self professionally and work with people outside of Polaris.
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· B.S in Mechanical Engineering or Related
· Hands-on knowledge of mechanical systems and problem-solving
· Experience with data collection and data processing
· Reliability principles and their application to testing
· Valid driver's license required
· Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
· Must be capable of driving a truck with trailers (<26,000 GCVR)
· Must be capable of operating forklifts, and currently have or be willing to obtain certification.
. Willingness to obtain and maintain certifications as required, related to job tasks.
· Powersports experience preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.