At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is based in the Polaris Structural Testing Department. This department provides structural testing, data acquisition and analysis services for all Polaris products. The department is split between the Polaris Product Development Centers in both Wyoming and Roseau in Minnesota. This Test Technician role will be based out of the Roseau, Mn facility and will support the existing team of test engineers based there. Main responsibilities will include the execution of tests, test development and data collection.
- Set-up Polaris sub-system assemblies per engineering drawings and torque specifications
- Installation and usage of instrumentation for temperature, load, acceleration, displacement and strain
- Operation of Polaris vehicles and data collection test equipment
- Set-up and operate lab test equipment including, but not limited to, hydraulic or pneumatic actuators, electrodynamic shakers, spin stands, ovens, and chillers
- Monitoring and inspection of cyclic testing
- Basic understanding of test data processing
- Complete and submit technical test reports upon completion of test activities
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of field test and lab test data
- Maintain and organize equipment to ensure efficient reliable operation and OSHA compliance
- Maintain and communicate an up-to-date schedule of testing and down time
- Seek out and attend job related training opportunities
- Ability to present self professionally and successfully work with vendors
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Any other tasks as required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 2-year technology degree preferred
- 3-5 years related technical experience preferred
- Basic fabrication skills e.g., milling, drilling and welding
- Test data collection, processing, and analysis, experience using Somat eDAQ preferred
- Hands-on experience with trouble shooting electrical systems.
- Experience performing vehicle and system-level testing
- Experienced with test planning and coordination
- Quality and customer-focused
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of metal fatigue is preferred
- Capable of operating forklifts preferred
- Position has the potential to move to Sr. Test Tech if candidate posses 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment with travel up to 25%
- Time split between office, field testing, dyno test cells and shop/test labs.
- Motivated self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Some tests require out of office hours monitoring
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Training will be provided for missing skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.