At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer role is responsible for the Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, and VMWare environments which includes designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. Additionally, this individual will serve as the Microsoft Azure, Azure AD, and Office 365 Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the team, utilizing their expertise in these platforms to drive continuous improvement and provide long-term strategic vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, analyze, test, and deploy changes or policies for Microsoft Azure, Azure AD, Office 365, and/or related services following current best practices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of emerging Azure and Office 365 technologies.
- Manage existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and perform optimally.
- Drive automation of infrastructure services through self-service and Infrastructure-as-Code workflows.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on project initiatives, gathering requirements and analyzing findings to design or recommend appropriate infrastructure solutions.
- Assess complex projects with a variety of requirements quickly, correctly prioritize tasks, provide accurate time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware and software solutions that will support current or future business needs.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to analyze, log, track and resolve complex issues.
- Perform analysis, research, and take corrective action as needed to resolve 3rd tier incidents, requests, problems, and escalations from lower tiers of support.
- Develop standards and technical documentation to support Level 1 and 2 staff.
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and change management procedures.
- Stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent relevant working experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO and Security.
- 2+ years administering or supporting Microsoft Azure Active Directory and related features such as User Management, Role Management, App Registrations, Shared Secrets/Certificates, Single Sign-On (SAML/OIDC), and AAD Connect.
- 2+ years administering or supporting Microsoft Office 365 and related features such as Roles, Licensing, Exchange Online, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), and E-Discovery.
- Strong ability to develop or refactor PowerShell scripts used for management and automation is required.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure concepts such as Subscriptions, Management Groups, Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Network Security Groups, Load-Balancers, and ExpressRoute (ER) Gateways is desired but not required.
- Understanding of network architectures, routing, DNS, TCP/IP protocols, and SSL/TLS ciphers is desired but not required.
- Experience in automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef is desired but not required.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, and/or VMWare are desired but not required.
- Remote office flexibility, but a strong preference that this individual be based within the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
- Some travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.