At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of the embedded controls system which includes the integration of ECU hardware and software. Your primary responsibility is the development and execution of tests based on requirements; and the analysis of the test results. You will design and develop any necessary harnesses and vehicle loads to support automated, bench, and/or on-vehicle validation. You will have to simulate vehicle components such as sensors, switches, and actuators. You will also have to diagnose and troubleshoot software, hardware, and wiring issues to support validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- References vehicle requirements and plans test sessions using existing validation plans and/or develops new test cases using Integrity (a requirement and software development database application) to validate the software requirements of all controllers for many vehicle projects Interfaces with Software Team to understand prioritization of projects, give status reports, and review validation results/findings
- Performs root-cause analysis on findings as needed to determine the next step and communicate determinations to Software Team (e.g. calibration issue, software issue, controller hardware issue, vehicle hardware issue, etc.)
- Interfaces with larger team as needed (Powertrain Calibration Team, Electrical Engineering Component Lead, and the Embedded Electrical System Lead) to resolve findings depending on root-cause
- Travel to other locations may be required
- Other duties as required
- 2 year technical degree in electrical/electronic technician desired. Other 2 year degrees in areas such as automotive or mechanical technician are acceptable with electrical work experience. Work experience with electrical systems will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with electrical vehicle systems including embedded software required
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN, J1939, and UDS a strong plus
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management a plus
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.