At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Provide insight and technical leadership in the area of Multi Body Dynamics based loads generation and dynamic durability analysis to develop robust vehicle chassis systems and architectures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attribute Engineering; Technology development project support using commercial CAE software codes in the areas of efficient structural design, durability. Lead the development of Functional Requirements for current and future vehicle programs to Structure design.
- Loads Generation Analysis; use MBD tools and measured test data (for example wheel force transducers) for the Semi and Full-Analytical calculation of vehicle system and component design load inputs, including duty cycle development and target setting.
- Dynamics and Dynamic Durability Analysis; use MBD tools to predict the complex dynamic response of powersport vehicle systems using MBD tools. Assess durability using FEA based flex body approach and commercial fatigue solvers.
- Test Data Analysis; Understand chassis design performance through test data analysis.
- Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and CAE model development. Integrated into the test process, providing feedback on development of equivalent damage and engineered events.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring: Work with small project teams and provide technical leadership in the areas of loads development, duty cycle construction, and customer usage profiles to drive structural design and durability. Provide mentorship and guide execution to the Engineering team in design execution and vehicle implementation.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement. Align technology development and migration.
- Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to the architecture selection and target setting early in design. Provide technical leadership and work towards alignment of standards and processes.
- Planning; Use experience to create and track basic CAE manpower plans for vehicle programs.
- Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Preferred skills with MBD (Adams, MotionView, Virtual Engine, Simpack), FEA (Abaqus, ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench, HyperWORKS, Optistruct), fatigue (nCode DesignLife), and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Glyphworks). 5 years experience with advanced numerical problems, including dynamics, non-linear, modal, dynamic time history, explicit dynamics, and frequency domain problem sets. Experience in systems engineering, Design Of Experiments, and optimization, exposure of optimization software (ModeFrontier HEEDs) & MATLAB is a plus. Knowledgeable in the design of the vehicle chassis, suspension, and driveline systems. Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability processes. DFSS or DMAIC Methods knowledge is a plus. Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills. Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.