At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Human Resources Coordinator will perform HR-related functions to support the associated distribution facilities and team. The main duties include assisting with HR processes and activities including hourly staffing and orientation, employee relations & engagement, policy enforcement, and maintaining personnel records. In addition, this role requires the confidence and skillset to work independently and partner with the Operations team to drive results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and lead HR activities, including interviewing and selection, policy enforcement, orientation and training, new hire processes, and employee relations.
- Facilitate onboarding which includes coordinating tours, planning/conducting new hire Orientation and communicating with new hires and leadership.
- Organize and maintain personnel records in accordance with legal record retention policies and site procedures.
- Assist with record keeping and documentation on employee relations issues and corrective action steps in disciplinary action process.
- Oversee and supervise employee performance management standards including in the areas of productivity, safety and quality.
- Maintain updated HR systems by processing transactions related to hiring, lateral moves, terminations, compensation changes, etc.
- Prepare documents and communication that supports staffing and other HR operational processes (e.g. onboarding packets, benefit guides, recruiting etc.).
- Design and create marketing materials for the purposes of recruiting and community engagement.
- Answer employees’ queries about HR-related issues or scenarios. Partner with HR and Operations leaders to navigate employee relations scenarios.
- Manage payroll and timecard auditing/processing
- Complete projects/initiatives that maintain a positive work environment and high employee engagement.
- Ensure management consistency and compliance to federal and state employment laws.
- Participate in and lead HR-related continuous improvement efforts to achieve operational efficiency
- Represent Polaris in the community and foster positive community relations.
- Other projects, initiatives and duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school degree required
- HR certification/experience preferred
- Sound judgment with the ability to integrate HR practices into business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to collaborate both in person and virtually
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, experience with HR software and with payroll administration preferred.
- Working conditions are normal for a distribution and office environment
- Ability to stand/walk for lengthy periods of time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.