At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Provide insight and technical leadership in the areas of durability to support the design and development of new class leading vehicle solutions at Polaris Industries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attribute Engineering; Technology development project support using commercial CAE software codes in the areas of efficient structural design, durability. Lead the development of Functional Requirements for current and future vehicle programs to Structure design
- CAE Data Interpretation; Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Test Data Analysis; Understand design performance through test data analysis.
- Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and analysis problem set development,
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Work with small project teams and provide technical leadership in the areas of structural design and durability. Provide mentorship and guide execution to the Engineering team in design execution and vehicle implementation.
- Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices. Automation and continuous improvement. Align technology development and migration.
- Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design. Provide technical leadership and work towards alignment of standards and processes.
- Planning; Use experience to create and track basic CAE manpower plans for product development.
- Stretch Assignments: Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of the core responsibilities. Technology development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred software skills include: Abaqus, Ansys Workbench, HyperWORKS, Optistruct. nCode Data post-processing tools include Hyperview, Glyphworks. Other software tools are also okay.
- Loads generation experience a plus; MBD tools (HyperView, Adams) for semi-analytic and virtual loads.
- 5-10 years’ experience with advanced numerical problems such as bolted joints, basic durability, advanced durability, fatigue assessment, transient, harmonic, dynamics, loads generation, structural analysis, and durability assessment.
- Knowledgeable in the design of Off Road Vehicle systems including architecture assessment, chassis and suspensions systems, roll-over protection systems, seat, dash, cab, accessories.
- Experience in the attributes of durability, thermal, NVH, performance, safety, and or vehicle dynamics. Working knowledge in the Acoustics & Vibration attribute: for example solid background skills in the areas of dynamics, vibration, forced response, transfer paths etc.
- General technical knowledge in Data post-processing and Reliability methods.
- Automation of CAE processes and Analysis using Python, C++, TLC, or other is a plus
- Experience in systems engineering, Design Of Experiments, and optimization, exposure of optimization software (ModeFrontier HEEDs) & MATLAB is a plus.
- DFSS or DMAIC Methods knowledge is a plus
- Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.