At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Senior Cost Analyst – ORV Total Cost
Support Polaris Off Road (ORV) development process through detailed Total Cost analysis and scenario planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze cost variables impacted by design or process changes
- Evaluate cost impacts to plant and manufacturing changes
- Develop total cost model for other variables driven by platforming (BOM, tooling)
- Work cross functionally with Sourcing, Engineering and MFG teams to evaluate make/buy decisions
- Develop strategy, tools and best practices for early BOM estimation
- Partner with Data analyst to track BOM changes and identify trends in subsystem costs; reporting findings to ORV Engineering Leadership.
- Quantify tariff impacts to production costs and summarize data to help teams optimize sourcing strategies
- Assist in the establishment of ORV Engineering Productivity metrics
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Degree required in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with Financial Modeling, product costing, financial analysis, or project management background.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience gathering inputs and costs levers to build out flexible product cost model
- Experience with data management and presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Quality and customer focused
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.