At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Grade 5 Operator is an individual that operates as a team member in Polaris Injection Molding plant processing parts that are used in all assembly locations.
- Perform all Operator functions based on part work instruction books and operator training guide.
- Check for quality of parts based on 800-100 & 929 quality standard along with any quality issues listed in work instructions.
- Properly trim part, gate removal and package part(s) including proper cooling.
- Setup of packaging and removal of all old labels.
- Ensure proper packaging of all parts including left and right parts when running a family tool
- Proper placement of correctly filled out labels.
- Operate all presses and secondary functions including seat base station, router cell and roof kits.
- Insure proper entry of scrap into MATTEC production system.
- Insure all manual operated machines are ran within the standard cycle times.
- Job off times for setup, indirect and parts into AS400 system.
- Properly fill out operator’s labor report for each part.
- Understand and properly setup press due to a part change.
- Maintain a safe work environment clean workstations and presses.
- Communicate with operator you are replacing and or operator replacing you at breaks and job rotations.
- Communicate with operator you are replacing and or operator replacing you, issues relating to the part/process.
- Perform tasks as assigned by shift supervisor (Which could include assisting with press set-ups).
- Work to assist in meeting our production schedule.
- Participate in PCI/Lean teams.
- Any miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically capable of working on the production floor.
- Able to stand for a 12 hour shift
- Able to bend to retrieve parts
- Safely walk through high traffic production environment
- Must be able to work with all parts (continually), frequent lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to use all delegating tools safely, (includes precision knives, box openers, torches, and safety knives).
- Must be able to use all personal protective equipment, (including masks where required)
- Must be able to visually detect part defects and variations of color in plastic parts.
- Must be able to learn, understand and perform Float duties, (rotational position that requires ability to work all presses).
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.