At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Sr. Human Resources Generalist, Central Operations – Corporate Operations
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Sr. HRG) is a strategic business partner to the Central Operations function within Global Operations. This role will partner with Corporate Central Operations leaders and plant HR teams to deliver human capital outcomes that support the strategic priorities of the business. The Sr. HRG will demonstrate HR functional excellence with the goal of designing an organization (strategy, structure, people, processes) to achieve the long-range plans of the business. The Sr. HRG will support the Plant Network Optimization, Operations Project Management, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Site Development, Powertrain NPI & Insource/Outsource Strategic Operations groups. This role will also lead some key annual HR process initiatives and projects across the Central Operations plant network in partnership with the plant HR and Global Ops HR team.
- Provide HR business partner support to Central Operations Corporate teams: Plant Network Optimization, Ops Project Management, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Site Development, Powertrain NPI & Insource/Outsource Strategic Operations groups. (other groups as needed)
- Own Central Operations plant network hourly workforce planning process; partner with plant teams on hourly staffing mitigation actions & staffing agencies involved (when needed). Multiple operations/manufacturing sites across North America.
- Lead Operations HR data management processes to include Central Ops HR 6-panel metrics roll-up, MOR (monthly operating review) metrics, and other as needed
- Provide HR guidance, support, and coaching to team members and department managers; maintain strong presence to building strong relationships and trust
- Support Enterprise Operations Talent Council initiative to drive leadership development
- Strengthen Polaris Culture by leading initiatives including Engagement, Retention, and Diversity & Inclusion
- Support development and execution of select annual HR processes for Global Operations HR team (i.e., Organization & Talent Review, Total Rewards processes, Performance Management processes, etc.)
- Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value; lead process improvement projects for Central Operations / Global Operations HR team
- Partner closely with Central Operations Plant HR teams, Off-Road Ops HR team, and HR COE teams (Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition & Total Rewards) in developing solutions and managing processes
- Lead Corporate Central Operations salaried talent recruitment, requisition management and talent needs while partnering with the Central Corporate Operations groups
- Play active role in employee handbook and policy management, coordinate updates and changes across plant teams
- Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, previous business partner experience strongly preferred, Manufacturing or Operations HR experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives; change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience
- Project management experience, ability to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- Proven effectiveness operating in matrix and dynamic environments
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence and build credibility at all levels
- Demonstrated independent and sound decision-making skills; ability to think critically and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset; seeking ways to drive innovation and efficiencies throughout the organization
- Flexible and willing to learn; adapting to business and site needs in a dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS system-based software required
- Strong analytical skills, experienced user in MS Excel and/or Power BI preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, required
- Master’s degree or MBA in relevant field preferred
- Role based in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment based out of the Medina headquarters in Medina, MN
- Some domestic travel may be required (up to 5%)
- Reports directly to the HR Director, Central Operations – Corporate Operations GBU
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.