At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ABOUT THE ORG
Polaris Adventures brings together a select network of Outfitters to provide premium ride and drive experiences at popular destinations nationwide. Creating safe, memorable, year-round adventures for all skill levels, Polaris Adventures offers worry free half and full-day options for couples, families and adventure groups in state-of-the-art Polaris™ vehicles.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Polaris Adventures is the #1 Outdoor Ride & Drive experience network. The Account Management team is the operational arm of the Adventures team working hand in hand with our partners (outfitters, affiliates, and members) to ensure their overall success. Pushing to retain, grow, and manage outfitter quality in a controlled and coordinated manner to make certain we have the best outfitters in the best locations.
As Polaris Adventures continues with rapid growth, this position plays a critical role in driving the success of the Account Management team responsible for a network of commercial operations outfitters & dealers.
A successful candidate leads the team by example working cross functionally across the Account Management, Operations, Risk, Marketing, and Finance teams to deliver on our commitment to quality and efficiency meeting and exceeding expectations set by our SLAs. They are highly collaborative while balancing outfitter needs alongside Polaris Adventures core values. They measure and drive SLA compliance while maintaining focus on implementation and ongoing optimization efforts across the outfitter network.
This is an exciting role that requires close team and outfitter partnership skills, leadership, a depth of business process knowledge, proactive problem solving, customer service, and the ability to effectively communicate and manage complex solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each Account Management Team Lead acts as the owner for Outfitter network performance. The team lead provides leadership, guidance and input to a team of Account Managers, driving activities in onboarding, maintaining, and growing the business. Our leads operate as a team to support the Operations Manager in workforce planning and optimization. This is not a direct sales role; however, a qualified applicant is skilled at building and leveraging strong relationships with accounts to meet their growth and expansion objectives.
- Coach / Lead People: Identify gaps in staffing and work with agencies or recruiters to fill opportunities; Provides team with required tools and resources
- Coach / Lead People: Develop trust with employees through fairness, confidentiality, and leadership
- Customer Service: Direct team to establish outreach cadence (written & verbal) and expectations early; continuously build value proposition of ADV & Select with assigned outfitters and vendors
- Communication: Present new opportunities or ideas tailored to outfitters, customers, or internal stakeholders using available data or trends
- Process / Procedure: Assist in the build and management of standardized implementation and support processes
- Time Management: Ensure timely and successful implementation and training on all packages/solutions; coordinate with internal/external vendors, suppliers, and consultants
- Coach / Lead People: Leverage skill of the team to complete tasks / projects; empowers team to act and intervenes where appropriate
- Communication: Communicate and escalate pertinent information to the management team and relevant team members (e.g., competitive intelligence, expansion and growth initiatives, marketing activities).
- Attention to Detail: Identify inconsistencies in data or business process and raises appropriately; Forecast and track key account metrics across all outfitters assigned to subset of the account management team.
- Documentation: Maintain clear documentation of processes and requirements or issue management for root case analysis and countermeasures.
- Customer Service: Direct team to anticipate and manage the needs of outfitters; work with Account Managers to build and deploy Outfitter improvement plans highlighting growth opportunities / initiatives, program compliance, and NPS improvement.
- Customer Service: Nurture ongoing outfitter relationships by establishing quality initiatives within the department to achieve industry leading quality; act as an escalation point on specified issues.
- Coach/Lead People: Promote Polaris Core Values and adherence, pushes to ensure a positive culture and work environment.
- Coach / Lead People: Coaches team to autonomy and intervenes appropriately
- Decision Making/Recommendations: Use available data sources (market trends, ride statistics, etc.) to build accurate network fleet size/mix, formulate strategic plans, and direct activity of Account Managers.
- Customer Service: Understand network business model & customer to address escalated pain points promptly and leverage knowledge & best practices across the network.
- Proactive: Lead with a mindset of continuous improvement and provide metrics to showcase results and drive behaviors. Escalate issues and make improvements where needed.
- Partnership / Collaboration: Direct and partner in prospecting and qualification activities for renewals and expansion opportunities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field required
6+ years of Client Relationship Management or Account Management experience; demonstrated ability to manage relationships across multiple organizations and locations, serving a variety of needs
3+ years’ experience leading teams with remote employees and driving results; proven ability to lead and motivate small to midsize teams, driving results and exceeding expectations
Willing and able to travel as necessary to build relationships, implement partner processes, and support commercial locations
Works professionally and effectively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to build strong relationships with customers and team members; resolve conflicts or concerns as they arise.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations, trainings, and being comfortable speaking to groups and clients of all sizes.
Builds rapport and influence, using diplomacy, to drive program participation and outfitter success in meeting growth and expansion objectives.
Delivers client-focused solutions based on customer need; negotiate challenges, remove barriers and work through issues.
Manages multiple projects or outfitters at a time with strict attention to detail and service level.
Listens for conflicts or challenges and provides solution-oriented recommendations.
Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities or time demands; think conceptually, formulate, and strategically plan.
Remains flexible and open minded to accommodate additional duties as assigned.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.