At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Global Engineering Operations (GEOps) team is seeking a dynamic leader to develop and manage the VIP department strategy, planning, and tactical execution. This leader will be responsible for leading a team of people spread across 3 locations in North America, leading process development for the organization, and leading projects and programs for multiple Global Business Units (GBUs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivates, coaches, and develops team members within the organization
2. Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline
3. Leads a central team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers focused on VA/VE for all Global Business Units.
4. Partners with GBUs to identify and execute opportunities to drive total cost improvements.
5. Sets strategy and investment recommendations within GEOps to achieve corporate-wide targets for Gross Profit improvement for all GBUs
6. Owns the Design To Value (DTV) strategy for the organization, including benchmarking strategies, both with internal labor and external partners
7. Builds strategy to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Engineering Spend across the organization by owning the “EETS” initiative.
8. Develops, manages, and controls departmental budget
9. Identify and prioritize new features or concepts that warrant patent protection. Review current patents and expenses related to maintaining and procuring patents.
10. Embraces, champions, and manages change across the organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Required. 8 – 10 years of people-leadership preferred. Blend of leading R&D technical teams, program management/product launch and complex organizations. Experienced in building and managing international teams. Strategic thinker with strong personal drive to achieve. Effective communicator at all levels of an organization. Other Leadership competencies and potential.
Fast-paced office environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.