At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The purpose of this job is to support the Liquid Paint Operation Area in optimizing the paint processes through robot programming to meet and exceed the production and operational targets for safety, quality, delivery and cost. The holder of this position will be responsible for supporting the robot programming and process paint activities as well as the operation of the conveyor found on the system. Responsibility for the conveyor is limited towards manual operation modes and recipe creation, reaching the cycle times requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining and implementation of the most cost-efficient production methods across the operation. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality, and cost standards of the Liquid Paint Process.
- Robot programs design, implementation, and optimization on paint system, with its respective continuous improvement methodology (Cycle Times and cost improvements).
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction, for the paint system activities.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Designs and provides solutions to problems that may adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Savings cost projects.
- Responsible for the trials of new projects, generating new robot programs, design and costs of new tooling and generate the proper reports and action plans to ensure a safe launch with successful results.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts. Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
- Effective communication with production and Manufacturing areas.
- Knowledge of Diagnostics and troubleshooting robot program
- Good English communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Paint applications knowledge or experience
- Responsible for managing personnel in the organization (process robot programmers), assigning specific tasks for the team focused on the objectives and daily activities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- BS/MS in Engineering or related degree
- Fanuc Robot experience.
- Experience in Robot programming (non-determinative).
- Liquid Paint Experience
- Flexibility to travel as required [10 -20%] to manufacturing locations both domestic and international.
- Must have PC/software including Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks.
- English Language skills.
- Core tools knowledge.
- Production Floor
- 100% Operative area.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.