At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Project Engineer will lead domestic and international vehicle programs for Polaris Government and Defense. The Sr Project Engineer will be responsible for partnering with the program manager with cost, schedule, technical/performance, risk, and execution of active Polaris Government & Defense programs. They will establish working relationships with critical matrix team members (supply chain, engineering, operations, & international team members) to ensure the highest level of responsiveness and customer service needs are met. They will work under the direction of the Government & Defense Program Manager to ensure government and defense program activities best compliment Polaris Government and Defense strategic objectives. The Sr. Project Engineer will work, initially under supervision, to ensure that external and internal compliance requirements are met, in all aspects of the assigned program(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Program Manager to manage cost, schedule and technical/performance of Polaris Government & Defense programs
- Quickly develop and maintain a robust technical understanding of Polaris Defense vehicles
- Establish deep understanding of Polaris Government & Defense customers and their unique value propositions
- Be familiar with ITAR, DFARS and other related government requirements
- Foster culture of continuous improvement with support functions in Polaris Government & Defense
- Ensure quality and safety as fundamental attributes of the Polaris product lifecycle value stream
- Support Long Range Planning (LRP) and Long Range Product Planning (LRPP) processes as a program advocate
- Work directly with internal program team to ensure smooth fielding of program deliverables
- Direct and coordinate internal efforts for follow on sales, up-fit, modifications, testing and after-sales support
- Ability to work in matrixed organization and support the program deliverables
- Assist with internal communication between Business Development and Engineering to meet Polaris Government & Defense goals
- Direct the efforts of Polaris Government & Defense departments, such as tech pubs, engineering, Field Service Representative (FSR) support, etc. to meet specific program milestones/ objectives as directed
- Assist in researching potential specialty suppliers and subcontractors that may be required to fulfill program management milestones/ objectives
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in engineering or related field, or equivalent programs experience with a Defense Contractor/In Defense
- 3-5 years of military experience or related Government contracting experience preferred
- Proven technical aptitude which will allow the ability to understand Polaris products and communicate technical issues related to the products
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and a willingness to learn Microsoft Project
- Military background desired
Preference for this person to sit onsite in Roseau
Fast-paced office environment
Strong mission focus with a passionate and demanding customer base
Travel up to 20%
Additional travel between Polaris facilities in Medina, Wyoming, and Roseau, Minnesota as required with a preferred home base of Roseau
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.