The Central Planner is responsible for the order to delivery phase of the purchasing process for parts supplied by their assigned suppliers for all production facilities.
Central Planner Duties
• Manage POs to satisfy manufacturing requirements
• Manage/work with 3rd party vendors
• Analyze Inventory for opportunities to improve turns and identify excess
• Manage International Trade Compliance rules and practices
• Coordinate the disposition of inactive, excess and obsolete inventory
• Monitors and reacts to MRP exception messages and communicates/escalates, as appropriate
• Communicates delays, shortages, problems, issues relating to shipments and/or inventory levels of purchased items to Production, Purchasing, and Logistics.
• Work with Suppliers, Carriers, and logistics as needed to expedite deliveries resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries
• Resolve/Review receiving issues (i.e. Over/short, labeling, keying errors, etc) with Receiving personnel at appropriate manufacturing site.
• Maintenance of inventory planning records with ABC parameters and order policies to ensure effective Material system execution
• Work with Supplier on proposed schedule changes.
• Work closely with Purchasing during new part/Supplier integration and release
• Assist Accounts Payable in resolving receiving and/or invoicing discrepancies
Skills & Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
• Knowledge of International Trade Compliance rules and practices
• Strong, quick decision making skills • Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication
• Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office with multiple tasks
• Organized and strong attention to detail
• Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and stay calm under pressure
• Four year college degree preferred
*This position can be located within our manufacturing facilities located in Spirit Lake, IA or Osceola, WI