At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Provides overall management and leadership for the Polaris - Roseau manufacturing entity. Responsible for plant operation and maintenance. Establishes plant policies and procedures. Manages plant budget and maintains budget accountability. Establishes and maintains an issue free workplace and fosters positive relationships with employees. Leads people to successfully meet plant production goals. Proactively prepares plant to support long range initiatives of the company in regards to capacities and product mix and new product introductions. Fosters cross functional collaboration and champions the talent development efforts within the plant. Acts as an ambassador of the organization to the community .
Lead, manage and develop plant leadership to assure the necessary capabilities and culture are in place to maintain an effective operation. This includes establishing direction, gaining commitment, delegating, and building organizational capabilities to foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
Responsible for long range planning to keep the facility flexible to the changing needs of the company, cost competitive globally and to drive Lean Manufacturing practices to achieve the same.
Coordinate the activities of the facility and resources, within company policies and procedures.
Create a work environment that ensures the safety and health of employees, community and environment.
Develop and coach a staff that is committed to the Polaris values and achievement of business goals.
Establish and direct plant policies and procedures.
Responsible for plant goals including but not limited to safety, quality, productivity, delivery, inventory and people development.
Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
Confer with leadership of other functions to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping to support existing and future production requirements.
Select, train, and develop, plant supervisory and administrative staff.
Conduct employee performance reviews.
Schedule and conduct plant meetings.
Responsible for the overall product quality control for the plant.
Attend and be an active representative at scheduled corporate training and meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS Degree – Business or Technical – MBA preferred.
- Requires significant manufacturing knowledge as well as advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills. This is normally acquired by 10+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment including management responsibility for an entire facility.
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, Lean or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make timely decisions
- Previous experience with managing employee safety and environmental compliance
- Understand financial systems and controls – including ability to analyze budget and cost data, determine trends and apply corrective actions to achieve desired financial goals.
- Solid project planning and management skills, using standard project management tools.
- Proven ability to develop strong teams
- Demonstrated ability to implement recommendations and drive change initiatives.
- Proven collaborative and participative management skills are essential.
- Proven communications skills between all levels of an organization are essential.
- Experience to network/team build with peers and superiors in other manufacturing plants and in group headquarters functions
Travel demands are estimated to be 20%. This position may require travel with little notice (both domestic and international).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.