At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Lead iSeries/Infor-XA Software Engineer will work on projects related to the creation, modification and supporting Ordering, Logistics and Cash Applications. At Polaris, the Order to Cash applications, use Infor-XA/MAPICS, along with IBMi customization.
The Lead is responsible for the design and integration of software development by effectively partnering with business users, product managers and application developers. This individual will analyze existing business processes and data flows to develop high level solutions, systems design, delivery roadmaps and integrations to other systems. The Lead must demonstrate passion for strengthening and enhancing business results through software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Design, Validation, and Implementation
- Support the analysis of business needs and creates high level solution for ordering and Cash applications, running predominantly in Infor.
- Works with the stakeholders and the team, during design, development, and implementation phases of the project.
- Collaborate with other systems analysis and product owners to get the design reviewed.
- Support preparing design documentation and ensuring that functional and technical documentation meets the requirements.
- Support preparing acceptance criteria’s, perform system testing and lead user acceptance testing cycles
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live Responsible for ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business through user acceptance testing
- Ensures compliance with SOX
Gathering Requirements and Analysis
- Analyzes current and future state of the business processes
- Evaluates alternatives and formulates system scope and objectives to create or modify an application
- Responsible for producing deliverables including business process flows; use cases; and storyboards
- Facilitates project and administrative meetings
System and User Support
- Provides day-to-day application support to business users
- Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues
- Understands technology and systems infrastructure
- Work with users on functional requirements, development, and implementation plans
- Document and trains users on system processes and changes
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position
- Value and embrace teamwork and collaboration and be responsible for successful completion of tasks
- Determines vision for technical or functional area, heavy influence on technical focus or prioritization.
- Provides work prioritization to functional team, acts as liaison between management and workstream employee group
- Champions technical innovations and leads improvement projects associated with system use and optimization
- Support in creation of roadmap for strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets to ensure that technologies and business objectives are in alignment
- Supports training for employees through working relationships, sharing knowledge and building networks across the company. Coaches and mentor
- Provides technical leadership to new business pursuits, within product, through creation and delivery of product briefings and generating and reviewing proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- 7+ of experience of software engineering experience with increasing scope and responsibility is required
- 5+ years of experience writing functional and technical specifications in the iSeries platform for Custom applications and Infor XA/MAPICS – ERP systems is required
- 5+ years of experience with Order Management, Cash Applications, & Logistics is required; strongly preferred experience with Infor XA
- Understanding on real time interface using PUB/SUB and batching using Secure FTP
- Ability to test, diagnose and fix Infor-XA, customization/enhancement issues
- Successful leadership experience of technical staff (direct or indirect), with the ability to lead a team and mentor other technical staff
- Strong understanding of internal and external technical concepts and best practices- ability to connect dots and drive best practice
- Proven experience in driving technical innovation- methodology, tools, software
- Experience in building technical strategy within technology stack- optimizing performance and adoption
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experienced with Infor XA products
- Understanding of Azure PUB/SUB interface
- Ability to understand IBMi custom applications functionality
- Functional knowledge with manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, supply chain business processes
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.