At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Software Engineering Supervisor – Control Systems in our Global Electrical, Embedded, & Connected Systems organization you will lead a team responsible for developing application software for on vehicle electronic control units. This includes design, implementation, and testing of application software and algorithms in both prototype and production environments for domains including but not limited to powertrain, body, and chassis control. Your team will support all of Polaris’ business units. You will work with the vehicle product teams and ECU owners to integrate the application software and meet the needs of multiple vehicle product families, their platforms, and derivatives.
As an engineering supervisor you will have direct reports that you provide work direction and coaching to, as well as retain ownership of your own technical execution projects. You will support the software engineering director in department budgeting, resource management and hiring, and strategy definition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the software engineering director in department strategy and execution planning, budgeting (capital and labor), recruitment, and hiring
- Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees (local and remote) to further organizational objectives and promote employee development
- Leads the vehicle controls team in the creation and maintenance of process, tools, standards, and training
- Work with the product teams’ electrical and system engineers to develop prototype vehicle control software and algorithms.
- Design application software based on application software requirements received from ECU owners.
- Document software unit requirements using Integrity (a requirement and software management tool)
- Implement model-based control software in MATLAB/Simulink based on software unit requirements in compliance with internal standards.
- Integrate, build, and release software using MATLAB/Simulink coder and target specific build toolchains.
- Manage the execution of software unit and application software requirements-based functional verification.
- Manage application software development schedules and release scopes in negotiation with ECU owners, electrical systems engineers, and verification engineers.
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Other duties as required.
- Some (domestic and international) travel required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Engineering required; Electrical, Software, Computer or related desired 6+ years’ experience in design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN, UDS, and J1939 strongly preferred
- Experience with software V&V efforts including MIL/SIL, unit testing, and related documentation required
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety strongly desired
- Embedded hardware and electronic circuit experience a plus
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting methods required
- Familiarity with requirement and test case management in any requirement/software development database application as well as configuration management preferred
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.