At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Perform on-site forensic field investigations for incidents involving the broad range of Polaris Industries’ products. This role will include both engineering and legal investigations involving fires, crashes, roll-overs, electrical and mechanical issues, etc. The role’s main objective is to identify root cause analysis by providing incident data back to the Polaris team.
Location: Open to remote candidates.
- Travel to on-site incidents worldwide to conduct field investigations of Polaris Industries’ products.
- Gather all important vehicle, scene, and narrative data while utilizing Polaris SME’s and peers to enhance case investigations.
- Compile, analyze, and communicate data collected from investigations by presenting each investigation in a Peer Review format to a diverse team of Polaris team members.
- Serve as Polaris’ technical investigation expert for engineering and product liability counsel.
- Provide testimony (depositions, affidavits, and at trial) as requested by counsel.
- Develop lessons learned and collaborate cross-functionally to communicate product safety considerations to product teams.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum 3 years engineering and product investigation experience (preferably with consumer products).
- Knowledge of vehicles systems or areas such as powertrain, chassis, electrical, and crashworthiness, strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to root cause and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to travel up to 75% and on short notice.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.